Gospel Fluency Discussion Questions
OPTIONAL: Read chapters 10 and 11 of Gospel Fluency. What were some highlights? What challenged you?
1. On Sunday we talked about Jesus and how the fourth tree is the cross, which means forgiveness. What stood out to you or spoke to your heart in a meaningful way?
2. Is God's forgiveness Good News to the people of the Comox Valley who don't know Jesus yet? How so? What would you say are some ineffective ways of trying to help people to see their need of forgiveness from God? What might some effective ways be?
3. Read 1 John 1:5 - 2:2 What do we learn about people and what do we learn about God from this text?
Although "confession" is not part of our tradition in the same way as in the catholic church, confession is biblical and has great value. Why might some be hesitant to confess their sin to someone else? What could the benefits of confession actually be?
4. Communion and Prayer (Read 1 Corinthians 11:23-26 for guidance).
5. Christmas Outreach Planning: Take some time to continue working on your group plan together. We want to hear about it! 1. Appoint someone to send a brief summary of your group's Christmas Outreach Plan to the church office. 2. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org