Gospel Fluency Discussion Questions
OPTIONAL: Read Chapters 14 &15 of Gospel Fluency. What were some highlights? What challenged you?
We are taught to "eat the meat and spit out the bones". While all of us would have some things we will leave behind, what are one or two things from this book you found most helpful and important to embrace?
1. On Sunday we thought about five trees. which tree has spoken most meaningfully to you? Why
- Tree of Life,
- Tree of Freedom,
- Tree of Faithfulness,
- Tree of Forgiveness,
- Tree of Renewal
2. What do you feel the Five Trees reveal about God? In other words, what do they show about what God is like? Is this actually good news to your neighbors, co-workers, and classmates( your mission field)? Why?
3. Read 1 Peter 2:11-12 and 3:13-15
These were our texts on Sunday. What stood out to you in them? 3:15 says to "Always be prepared. Let's pair up and practice answering:
- How has God's story changed your story? Include as many of the five trees as you can in your answer. Remember to use the name, Jesus! Take about 3-5 minutes each. ( Group leader, please manage time for the group)
4. What's next? Should we meet in December? Should we keep meeting next year as a group? How can we stay connected and go "on mission together"?
5. Communion and prayer time. ( read 1 Cor 11:23-26 for guidance)