Gospel Fluency Discussion Questions
Optional: Read Chapters 6, &7. What were some highlights? What challenged you?
1. On Sunday we talked about the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and how it points to God's purpose of freedom for people. What stood out to you? How does this tree uniquely point to God's love and His desire for relationship?
2. What kind of thoughts and ideas do you think people of the Comox Valley have about God? What misunderstandings about God may people have that would cause them to prefer independence?
3. Read Galatians 5:1 and 5:13-17 How do you see this passage relating to the ideas of freedom, choice, love, and dependence?
Theologian Dustin Benge said, " Unbelievers recognize their sin as their freedom. Believers recognize their sin as their bondage. Jesus Christ changes everything."
How does Jesus Christ change everything?
4. Communion and Prayer ( read 1 Cor. 11:23-26 for guidance)
5. Christmas Outreach Planning: Last week your group brainstormed ideas of things you could do to help someone who doesn't know Jesus yet feel the good news this Christmas. Begin narrowing down your ideas to one you could work with together. Wouldnt it be wonderful to really meet someone's needs or bless them?